CalDAV and CardDAV allows mobile devices to remotely access, manage, and syncronize calendar and address book (contact) data stored on the Smartermail server. Changes made to the data stored on the mobile device is automatically sent to the server; and changes made on the server are received and updated on the mobile device.
CalDAV and CardDAV are protocols supported by the Apple iOS system (iPhone, iPad).
Follow these steps to set up Contacts synchronization using CardDav on the iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings application.
- Tap Mail, then Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other as account type
- Under CONTACTS select Add CardDAV Account.
- Enter the following information:
- For Server, enter secure.myvcgmail.com
- For User Name, enter your full email address
- Enter your Password
- Enter your Description for your contact list, example "Company Contacts"
- Tap Next (this can take a moment to verify).
- Your Contacts should now be able to be synchronized with your iPad or iPhone (based on your synchronizing schedule).
The timing of your synchronization depends on your settings on your device, as well as the settings on the mail server. Typically synchronization on the mail server happens within 10 minute intervals.