You can use either of the following methods to login to your SmarterMail account:
- Login to the VCG Portal at www.myvcg.com/login, click on Website (main navigation link), Site Admin, SmarterMail, and then click on the Launch SmarterMail button. Clicking the button will open a new login window in your browser to access the SmaterMail interface. Please note that the login information may be separate from your VCG Portal login.
- Type the login URL for SmarterMail directly in your browser http://webmail.[yourdomain.com], where [yourdomain.com] is the Internet address of your Website.
IMPORTANT: This guide is for VCG-hosted email clients only. If you are not subscribed to our services please contact your email provider for assistance configuring your Android device.
The default mail app on your device may very depending on the phone manufacturer. If you need help reconfiguring an existing account please contact our support team at (800) 558-3054 or send an email to email@example.com
Setting up your email is relatively straightforward, no matter what operating system you're running. The basic information you will need to set up an account is:
- Email address or Username - enter the email address you wish to receive/send mail with.
- Password - the password of the email account you're using.
- Server Protocol - We recommend IMAP as your protocol.
- Incoming Mail Server - secure.myvcgmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server - secure.myvcgmail.com
- SSL (or Security type) - SSL or SSL/TLS
Follow the steps in your phone's mail app to easily setup your email.
For POP mail
- Outgoing Server Settings - POP (ensure that you've enabled "Login Required" because of SMTP authentication requirement for outgoing mail)
For IMAP mail
- Outgoing Server Settings - IMAP(ensure that you've enabled "Login Required" because of SMTP authentication requirement for outgoing mail)