We have a couple options for you to have a File Uploader on your website.
Our default File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Option:
You can preview our default file upload option by clicking here. If you'd like this enabled on your website, please email VCGSupport@VCGCorporate.com with your request and we can enable it on your behalf.
Important: You will need an FTP client to access files submitted through your website. Here are a couple of third party FTP clients you may consider. If you're using one of these FTP clients, we can send you a configuration file to import.
Click here to learn more about how to configure your FTP client.
Secondary File Upload options:
How to create a Dropbox file request (requires a Dropbox account):
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Files.
- Click File requests.
- Click Create a file request.
- Under What are you requesting?, enter a name for the folder that will store all collected files.
- Under Where should these files go in your Dropbox?, you'll see the path to the new folder populate. If you'd like to change the folder's location, click Change folder.
- If you’re a Dropbox Professional or Business customer, you can add a deadline for these submissions. Click Add a deadline to set your deadline. You can also Allow late uploads and choose a timeframe.
- Click Next.
- Next, click Copy link to copy the file request link and send it to your VCG Support admin at email@example.com.
- Click Done.
Please refer to Dropbox for plan options.
How to set up a Drive Uploader link (requires a Google account):
- To set up your uploader link visit https://driveuploader.com.
- Click Create an Uploader and select the Google account you wish to use (this account will receive email notifications when a file is uploaded).
- Click the Create button.
- Next, choose a Title and select your preferences.
Note: The Advanced Settings will allow you to select the destination folder, upload quantity, subfolder preferences, and allowed file types.
- Once completed you can copy your Uploader link (free account upload links expire after 3 days).
Please refer to Drive Uploader for plan options.
Once you have the file uploader link please send your uploader link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you choose to add a file uploader to your website you will be responsible for managing your files.
We will then create a "Click here to send large files" link on your Contact page. If you have any questions or need assistance setting up your link please contact our Support team at 1-800-558-3054.