To use this feature make sure to enable the Tracking / Costing option - Learn More.
In order to accurately calculate the costs of your jobs, you'll need to enter the line item you're charging for, as well as the quantity and the charge rate.
You can calculate the cost of a job by following these instructions:
- Click on the Jobs tab near the top.
- Click on the job you'd like to calculate costs for.
- Click on the Job Costing tab on the left-hand side.
- There are 5 main sections that you can add to:
- Labor (other)
- Click into the empty field on the row you'd like to add a line item to. Important: You must fill out all 3 fields on that row in order for it to save.
- Click the + Add link to add more line items to that section.
- Click the Calculate & Save button at the bottom to save your new items.
- You can convert your Job Costing into a PDF by clicking the Print Job Costing link in the upper-right.
- You can remove a line item at any time by clicking the red Remove Item icon on the right of it's row.