If data synchronization has been established with your company's existing CRM / ERP systems to automatically pull Customers (aka Accounts, Clients), Locations (aka Sites) and Jobs (aka Projects) into your instance, the results of the most recent 500 of those synchronization events will be displayed. If you have questions regarding setting up automated data synchronization, please click here to learn more.
To access your data sync logs, follow these steps:
- Click on the Admin tab near the top.
- Click on the Data Sync - Logs tab on the left.
- You will see the most recent 500 synchronization events.
- Some of our data sync users choose to schedule their synchronization at frequent intervals, as frequently as every 5 minutes during the business day, which allows them to ensure that new jobs created in their CRM / ERP systems are quickly made available to their users. With such frequent synchronization the log files kept for each sync attempt accumulate quickly, but many attempts result in no new data being imported since nothing new may have been created in their system in the most recent 5 minute interval.
We've now added the option within the UI to view synchronization log file details for only those attempts that resulted in either successful or failed imports. Click the View log details for successful and failed imports only radio button to view log entries for attempts for which there was activity only.
- You can manually run the data sync at any time instead of waiting for the next scheduled synchronization attempt. To do so, click the Run Data Sync Now button at the top. Please note that this will attempt to synchronize any new data in your system since the last synchronization event.
- For our true API clients, if there is a specific job in your system that has never been attempted to be synchronized (our "retry" feature exists for imports that have been attempted yet have failed), you can enter the job number into the Import Specific Job field and then click the Import Specific Job button to import this specific job.